Thursday, May 12, 2011

Officially into the 3rd month!

So, today is day 1 of week 9! Here's what webmd says about week 9:

The embryo measures about 0.9 inches to 1.2 inches from crown to rump, or the size of a strawberry. The arms and legs are longer, and the fingers might be a little swollen where the touch pads are forming. The head is more erect and neck is more developed. Your baby now moves its body and limbs, and this movement can be visible during an ultrasound, but you won't be able to feel it yet.

A strawberry! Cool! I'm still calling it a peanut though, just saying. As of next week, it will be, to the doctors, no longer an embryo - instead, it'll finally be a fetus. I'm sorry, but how can you call something with fingers and a heart beat and a BRAIN an embryo? It's a baby, period. :)

For mother's day, Eric gave me a red rose, and my sister gave me a "mother-to-be" card. I thought that was really sweet of her.

Nothing else is really going on with us; I got my teeth cleaned today, and they told me I have two cavities that need filled but... idk if I'm going to worry about it until the baby's born. I also have one tooth that has to come out, and the dentist said as long as it doesn't give me major pain it would be fine to leave it until after the baby's born, so that's good. Apparently my teeth looked great though!

No comments:

Post a Comment