Thursday, April 14, 2011

(almost) Everyone knows; it's definitely official

Since telling my mom, we've told everyone now except my sister. I don't want to tell her online, so I'm trying to figure out when and how to tell her. My dad took it well; he said "How did that happen?" and then he paused, thought about it, and said, "Well, I know how it happened!" :) Eric's dad took it well too; his mom was just mad that she wasn't the first person we told. His Gradma was very happy, especially when we told her what we'll be naming it if it's a girl. (You'll find out eventually. Be patient.)

So told I went to planned parenthood to get an "official" pregnancy test, so that when JFS gets me in for an appt I can give them something to prove it. If they don't call by next Tuesday or Wednesday though, we're going to go down there. The only reason I didn't just drive down is because it's kinda far-ish away and I didn't want to waste the gas if they couldn't see me the day I was there. Anyway, did the whole pee in a cup thing... which, frankly, is a LOT harder than it sounds when you have to pee really really bad. Afterwards, I got to talk to a really really nice LPN who gave me a bit of info, including estimated due date. According to two different web sites it's 12/9, according to her it's the 8th.... either way, early December is the due date.

As of right now, I'm at 6 weeks. Here's what webmd says about week six:

The embryo is starting to look like a tadpole. It's about 0.08 inches to 0.16 inches -- the size of a BB pellet -- from the top of the head to buttocks. (This crown-to-rump length is used more often than crown-to-heel length because the baby's legs are most often bent and hard to measure). The eyes and limb buds also are forming. A heartbeat can sometimes be detected by an ultrasound around now.

Ok, now to tell my sister, and then, the world (aka Facebook).

No comments:

Post a Comment